Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Positivity Promoting Progress

Howdy All!!!

Well, OMNI began on Saturday, April 19 for me. Saturday and Sunday consisted of Phase 1 of my first Round... LOADING. I was supposed to essentially stuff my face all day with anything I could get my hands on.... breads, sugars, fatty foods, etc... I was told I should feel full ALL DAY. Originally, I was excited. I mean, who gets to say they are on a diet and pigging out at the same time? Oh, did I learn a lesson. Food is evil... especially in large and/or crappy quantities!!! By noon on day one, I was miserable!!! I told myself that this diet sounded strange and out there, but I decided to stick to it since the people I have spoken with have had great results. By the end of day 2 of loading (EASTER), I was intensely looking forward to the VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) that was to come! I know the program says that the loading is to store things that your body will use over the VLCD, but I also think it is partly psychological. I am now turned off from junk foods for quite a while. Things could change, but I am not looking forward to my next loading day. 

Now... onto Phase 2. Yesterday was my first day on Phase 2: VLCD. I woke up, took my OMNI drops, got ready for work, took my Omni CHARGE (said to give you a bit of energy and help with suppressing appetite), and headed to work. On the VLCD, I am allowed 2 servings of fruit, 2 4oz servings of lean protein, 2 4oz servings of veggies, and an optional 2 crackers (of specific brands)... It doesn't sound like much, but I was very satisfied yesterday!!!! I wasn't hungry and I didn't have any cravings!!!!

When I woke up this morning, I faced the scale...288.1!!!!!!! I had gained 1.8 during loading. I was going to be happy just to lose that in the first 2 days of phase 2. I lost double that in the first day!!! My progress is illustrated below:



This has given me not only a jump start, but a great attitude for this process!! I am not alone. I have the friends doing the same program with me, other friends with their encouragement and prayers, and the support of my family :)

The scale may not change every single day and that's okay. I will be changing on the inside and that matters most. I will be taking care of ME!!! I will better myself along the way while shrinking ;)

I hope everyone has a blessed week!!!! I'll check in soon :)

-B

1 comment: