Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hump Day a Day Late??

Well,

Today is Thursday, but it feels like it will be the longest day of the week (normally Wednesday for me)...

My alarm didn't go off this morning so I woke up at 5:44... I'm supposed to leave the house for work at 5:45. I jumped out of bed, used the facilities, weighed myself, threw on some clothes and ran out the door. I left the house at 5:50. I must say that I am impressed with myself lol.

In my rush to get dressed and leave the house in such a rush, I did not think to take my Omni Charge or my Omni 4 liquid vitamins. This is why I think today will be the longest day of the week. The Charge is supposed to help with fatigue and hunger/cravings. So far this week, I have not experienced any of that and my fellow droppers (that's what we Omni peeps call ourselves while we are on the drops) who do not take Charge have been struggling with cravings. This brings me to the assumption that Charge really helps. I'm just nervous about how I will feel without it. I'm not worried about cheating. That's not an option for me and I hope it never is. I hope and pray that I continue to make the right choices for me and my body. 

So far, I see nothing but great things for my health in my future thanks to Omni. I take the drops, I eat better, and I lose weight. I will admit that one HUGE motivation for the is the OMNI Rocks The World facebook page. Once you purchase omni, your distributor will request for you to be added to the page. Everything from advice, struggles, testimonials, and encouragement is on that page. It is a great tool in knowing that I am not alone in the Omni journey!!!!

In regards to food, it's not bad so far. The Omni Drop Program comes with a booklet that has recipes friendly for the program that you can use to get started. On Sunday night (my last loading day before Phase 2 of the VLCD), I made the chili recipe. Basically, it gives you 10 meals by combining 2.5 lbs of lean ground beef, 36 oz of any Phase 2 approved veggie (this is where you get your tomatoes or any other veggie that is approved in), some water, and various spices. I used more chili powder than the recipe called for and I LOVED MY CHILI!!!! My co-worker/best friend who is also on the same Omni journey loved the chili as well!!! We liked it so much that we are thinking about making beef chili and chicken chili to eat for most of our meals at work for the rest of our journey. I don't think I will get tired of it. I can just change up the veggies I put in it each batch to change things up!!!

I also made some homemade salsa to use as a salad dressing and it turned out pretty good. I've just never been a huge fan of salad!!!! For my salad, I had mixed greens, spinach, and romain... I think next time I will skip out on the mixed greens due to the fact that Arugula is NASTY. In the words of Michelle, my fabulous co-worker/best friend... it has too much of an earthy flavor- you might as well cut grass and eat it. 


Anyway, below are my stats for the day. The number on the scale continues to decrease!!!! WHOOP!!!


I hope everyone has a great day!!!! God Bless!!!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment