Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shedding the Pounds... or Shedding the Camoflage

Well,

I have never really blogged before, but I figured now would be a good time to start. An even better time would have been when I started my journey on January 1, but what can I say? I don't think of everything. Now the question is... where to start?... The beginning will have to do.

I have ALWAYS been overweight. Not just overweight... almost morbidly obese. Thankfully, I am working on changing that!!!! Over the past few years, I have tried various crash diets or random programs to see if I could lose the weight that not only holds me back physically, but emotionally as well. NEWS FLASH: there are NO QUICK FIXES for obesity!!!!!!!!!



I started my SERIOUS and COMMITTED weight loss journey on January 1, 2013. New Year should bring about a New Me, right? So... Brandi 2.0 is in progress!!!!!

On January 1, I weighed in at 293.4 lbs... WOW. I had so many emotions going through my mind when I looked at that number. At first, I was disgusted with myself and then I was just confused. How did I not realize I was getting that bad? How could I have not done something so much sooner? It BLOWS MY MIND that I let myself get this way. I used to be very active but I was still very overweight. Why??... BECAUSE I STILL ATE CRAPPY THINGS!!!!

Since I began my journey on Jan 1, I have learned that you need to EAT HEALTHY & BE ACTIVE to lose weight efficiently!!! I have MAJOR goals to meet!!!

In order to be more active, I joined Anytime Fitness February 13 and started with my very own personal trainer on February 18. With the nutrition and training plan, I was able to lose 9 lbs in the first 10 days!!! I was super impressed!!! As of February 27, I have lost a total of 27.4 lbs. Now that I began training, apparently "It's not always about what the scale says... you need to focus on how you feel and what your body tells you." To prove the point to me, I am only allowed to weigh every 10 days... this is hard for me but I'm working on it. My progress so far is as follows:

Jan 1 -    293.4
Jan 14 -  287 ….. Started 30 days of WHOLE 30
Jan 21 -  281.2
Jan 28 -  276.2
Feb 4 -   274.8
Feb 11 - 274
Feb 18 -   275 …. First Day with Trainer
Feb 27– 266
Mar 9 -  ????????




I will stick to this not only to lose the weight, but to find myself along the way. I'm done hiding behind the comfort of my camoflage. I WILL HIDE NO MORE!!!! Watch out world... BRANDI 2.0 is a comin'!!!

2 comments:

  1. So thankful that you are doing this, and I will admit, sometimes I dont think im as big as I really am until I see myself in a full length window and then I get disgusted with what I see...... I don't want to be " your pretty, just lose some weight" all of my life.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY understand that feeling. I always get told how pretty I am... Or that I have a beautiful face... NO!!! I want to have a beautiful, healthy, and FIT body!!! I want my outside to reflect my inside!!

    ReplyDelete