Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Inventions of the YUMMY kind!!!!

Hi All!!!!

Well, the last time I updated, I was a bit frustrated. I'm officially over it. My weekend was challenging and extremely stressful!!!! My grandfather taunted me with food and on mother's day, my aunt, uncle, and cousins brought a TON of pizza from a local joint in my small little town. It's my
FAVORITE pizza. I did not cheat. I ate before they arrived so I would feel satisfied instead of tortured. Overall, I feel like I conquered the weekend and the challenges that came with it. 


Yesterday, I was prepping some food for the rest of the week. I have gotten to 
LOVING baked chicken that has been 'breaded' with my melba toast crumbs. Since I only need a 4 oz serving, I cut off the excess chicken before I 'bread' and bake it. Last night, I realized I had roughly 8 oz of leftover raw chicken. I didn't want that to go to waste because that is 2 meals worth of protein!!! I'm not a waster so I decided to try something new... I invented my own soup!! It turned out AMAZING. The recipe is shown below :)

1-1.5 cups water
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
a splash of Frank's RED Hot Sauce
4 oz cubed boneless skinless chicken breast
1 oz diced onion
1 oz diced celery
1 oz diced tomato
1 oz chopped asparagus
salt & pepper to taste

My finished product...

I LOVED it and my ENTIRE meal with my piece of melba toast was ONLY 152 CALORIES!!!

I am full and satisfied. I don't feel deprived of delicious food, because my food was AMAZING.

NOTE/PSA: HEALTHY FOOD CAN BE DELICIOUS IF YOU GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!


Now for my progress report. I have discovered that my body loves my routine. This past weekend threw me out of my routine. I drank my water and stayed on protocol. I even had my first out to eat experience. I spent most of the day on Saturday sitting in a car or sitting with family. I was EXTREMELY stressed. I think that was an issue as well. After the weekend, I gained 1.4 when I weighed on Monday morning. I stayed strong and kept on protocol. I think my body was just out of its element. Within 2 days, I had lost the 1.3 I gained plus some :) As of today, it's R1P2D23 and I am 21.8 lbs below my pre-loading weight!!! I have averaged .9 lbs lost per day!!! WHOOP!!!


Well, that's it for now folks!!! I will continue on in this journey and keep faith not only in God, but myself. He has given me the tools to achieve what I need to be healthy... I just have to use them!!!

God Bless

-B


No comments:

Post a Comment